11 Ways to Spend More Time on the Water
Whether it’s by boat, yacht or kayak, there are many ways to get out on the water. The soothing nature of waves has been proven to help your brain relax and heal. Spending more time seaside or on the shores of a lake or river can also help you feel more connected to the world.
If you’re looking for an excuse to plan a boating trip, hit the beach or simply relax poolside, here are a few ways you can spend more time by the water.
How Do I Spend More Time on the Water?
Spending time on any water vessel can be fun for the entire family. In addition to spending time on your boat, there are numerous ways to enjoy time on the water this summer:
- Pedal boating: Pedal boats are great for kids and families looking to spend a serene, relaxing day on the water.
- Skimboarding: Skimboarding is an excellent activity for increasing your coordination and gives you another excuse to enjoy beach waves for hours on end.
- Stand up paddleboarding: Stand up paddleboarding is a full-body workout and gets you out on the water — sometimes for a full day. You’ll work your core, arms, shoulders, back and legs while balancing.
- Dock jumping: When brainstorming ways to spend more time on the water, it’s easy to forget about dock jumping. Dock jumping is a fun way to enjoy the water while getting lots of exercise.
- Surfing: If you live near the ocean or are planning a beach vacation, you will most likely have access to places that offer surfing lessons and camps for kids. Some even offer lessons for the whole family.
- Row boating or canoeing: These vessels offer kids the opportunity to try something new while you sit back and enjoy the views.
- Playing a sport: When you pack for the beach, add a football, frisbee or soccer ball to your bag. Tossing a ball back and forth in the water can be an excellent way to practice hand-eye coordination or simply spend more time with loved ones on the water.
- On-water thrills: Wakeboarding, tubing and waterskiing are ideal adventures for thrill-seekers.
- Sailing lessons: Sailing lessons are always lots of fun no matter your skill level.
- Cruising: Cruising rentals are a perfect opportunity to relax and socialize in your favorite place — the water.
- Fishing: There’s much more to love about fishing than catching fish. This hobby can be a great way to catch up with friends, enjoy the outdoors or spend time on a fishing boat for the first time.
Create New Boating Memories With EZ Dock
Whether it’s the thrill of water sports or the views from your dock, there’s a reason we feel a pull to the water. At EZ Dock, we make getting into the water easy with maintenance-free floating docks for your waterfront property. Contact us today to learn more about our customizable EZ Launch® System, drive-on WaveRunner docks or PWC lifts, Low Profile Docks and other barefoot-friendly polyethylene dock systems.