Best Boating Lakes
The United States is home to millions of natural and artificial lakes. Whether you love to relax on your yacht with some drinks or prefer the thrill of watersports, nothing beats spending a day out on the lake with your family and friends.
If you’ve been looking for a new lake to boat on, we’ve put together this list of some of the best lakes in the United States. So, get your boat and get ready to explore!
Largest Lakes in the US
The Great Lakes, also referred to as the Great Lakes of North America, are made up of some of the largest lakes in the United States. This series of interconnected freshwater lakes include:
- Lake Huron: Lake Huron, which has the longest shoreline of the Great Lakes, features the largest freshwater island in the world. With scenic landscapes everywhere you turn, you’ll have a lot of room to enjoy recreational boating while taking in the views.
- Lake Ontario: Lake Ontario is primarily fed by the Niagra River. Part of it is in New York while the other part is in Ontario. With many recreational centers and boating opportunities, you’ll be able to fill your weekend with endless activities.
- Lake Michigan: At Lake Michigan, boaters have many amenities available as they explore one of the biggest lakes in the country. From islands to harbors, you’ll have chances to enjoy all your favorite boating activities.
- Lake Erie: Lake Erie, which has the fourth-largest surface area of the Great Lakes, is divided into three separate basins. Here, you’ll be able to enjoy a day of fishing or kayaking on the shallow waters.
- Lake Superior: Lake Superior is the largest freshwater lake in the United States. From kayaking and sailing to speed boating, this lake offers many opportunities for skilled boaters.
Most Beautiful Lakes in the US
If you are looking for a scenic escape, we have you covered. Here are a few lakes considered the prettiest in the United States:
- Lake Pend Oreille: With its views of the Selkirk and Cabinet Mountains, you’ll be able to relax with your loved ones in this small lake town in Idaho.
- Jenny Lake: Jenny Lake, which is in Grand Teton National Park, is an adventurer’s paradise. With lots of boating opportunities and rugged mountain views, you’ll never want to leave.
- Lake Tenkiller: Situated in the foothills of the Ozark Mountains, Lake Tenkiller offers 13,000 acres of water to explore. From scuba diving to boating, this breathtaking lake has it all.
Deepest Lakes in the US
Along with being home to some of the largest and most beautiful lakes, you’ll also find some of the deepest lakes in the United States.
Crater Lake is the deepest lake in the United States, the second-deepest lake in North America, and the ninth-deepest lake in the world. With a depth of almost 2,000 feet, this bowl-shaped lake also features some of the clearest and cleanest waters you’ll find anywhere.
During the summer, visitors can view the inside of this stunning volcano and explore the waters on a ranger-narrated boat tour.
Learn About Our Boat Ports Today
Here at EZ Dock, we’ve been designing premier floating docks for over 26 years. After you’ve discovered the best lake for boating, you’ll want to check out our boat ports that come in both residential and commercial styles. With an easy drive-on, drive-off method, each dock is designed to help you spend more time out on the water and less time caring for and maintaining your dock.
To learn more about how you can invest in your waterfront property, contact us today.